When the Prius was first released in the United States, “green” referred to more than its environmental achievements. It was young, and it had a couple of problems that needed to be fixed. Now, as the Prius enters the third generation, the earlier models are moving to the used vehicle marketplace. To help attract new buyers to hybrid technology, Toyota Motor Sales introduced a used hybrid program. It is a first of its kind program for the one of a kind hybrid.
The program benefits include:
· A three month/3,000 mile warranty
· A 174 – point quality assurance inspection
· A seven year/100,000 – mile powertrain warranty
· A seven year/100,000 mile roadside assistance plan
· A CARFAX vehicle history report
· An eight year/100,000 – mile factory battery warranty
The inspection and warranty protection are intended to reassure all skeptical buyers of used hybrids. The program also enables Toyota dealers to offer their hybrids at a more competitive price. The program was designed to expand the hybrid’s customer base. They are focusing on younger customers and people with lower wages.
Each used Prius uses genuine Toyota parts, so the car you buy will act as if it were brand new. Reduce the amount of toxins being released, reuse a hybrid car, and recycle it when you want a new one.